Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's all good in the hood.

My mom mentioned to me that she read my recent blog aloud to my Dad. And he quietly asked after, "is Bug ok?" (Katy-Bug nickname). Poor Daddy, He loves me so much but feels powerless to help me. I think a lot of our loved ones feel that way sometimes. Its hard to mother, father, or be in any relationship with someone like me. Am I putting myself down? No. Just saying is all I'm saying is that its tough to watch a loved one beat a dead horse or cry tears of stress. So this, my faithful community, is a blog for you... You are awesome. You are patient. You are loving. You are prayerful. And for all these things I am thankful. The rest of my kind is too. You are my hug on a dreary night, a shoulder on an uncertain afternoon, and a word of love on an anxious morning. But most importantly you are not in this alone. You cannot fix the stress or shadow me with your wings. Hold my hand? Yes. But take it all from me? No. Ever watch someone attempt to comfort an anxious baby who isn't their mother? It doesn't go that well. My sister mothers 3 little boys. The smallest is Ben, 17 months and growing. She recently went to get him from his nursery class on a sunday morning and found him to be beside himself with tears and grief. We attend a mega-church so of course there was a line of parents waiting to receive their child. But when they noticed that Ben was crying out for Kelly they stepped aside and let her get to the front. Once in her arms, Ben was comforted. That's all he needed. In Psalm 131:2 it states, "Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; Like a weaned child rests against his mother.My soul is like a weaned child within me." Ready for my parallel story lesson? Ok, go. When I am stressed I need my Savior. I need to remember to rest on His strength. To quiet and soothe myself with the only thing that will satisfy. You are my supporters that push me forward and only remind me that I want my one thing. I want my Father, like Ben wanted Kelly. So cheer me on. Hug my soul. And push me when I reach out for quick-fixes that aren't the cure. Keep Praying and know that I'm ok. I love you each.

No comments: