Friday, July 06, 2012

I always need a host.

Dearest Victim, Oh the road you’ve traveled and time you’ve spent with me…At every bend and twist you’ve tried to lose me, kick me out of the mind. But I’m still here. I lay low at times of ease but thrive when stress thrives. You take your SSRI’s and journal away my lies but still you give me hosts. I always need a host. And as long as you give me one I’ll gladly stay. Think of me as a parasite that feeds on the nutrition of worry. The very second you entertain a worry you entertain me. Your counselor reveals my tricks, calls me out on being a host. Her megaphone of truth is clear but yet you still let me drive. I am your excuse…your comfort… your sleepiness and etc. Stress is unavoidable, this life will always present it but I can be managed. I can be mal-nourished. It’s honestly up to you. I’ll just get bigger. I’ll just keep attaching myself to things. I’ll even become so much a part of your personality that you won’t remember the days of compromise, sweet tea, and a breeze. So here’s your time. Draw your line and find warmth in the Light. Till then…yours truly, Anxiety

No comments: